MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever hear of a "Chewy Tube"?

+3
Equine_Woman
Sarah
groovysmurf
7 posters

Go down

Ever hear of a "Chewy Tube"? Empty Ever hear of a "Chewy Tube"?

Post by groovysmurf Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Brenna's name FINALLY came up on the waiting list for a therapist to come work with her delays. She was saying how it sounds like Brenna may have some sensory issues and I told her about Ethan's oral fixation. He constantly has to have something in his mouth, it drives me bonkers! He has been like this since he was born and he is nearly 9! She said it sounds like he has a sensory issue too and asked if we have used a chewy tube. I was like what the heck is that?! lol she said she would bring me one next time she comes (in 2 weeks).

In the meantime I looked it up online and its kinda weird! I wonder if Ethan would do it?
http://www.chewytubes.com/chewytubes/index.htm

Supposedly it helps with speech issues too! scratch
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Ever hear of a "Chewy Tube"? Empty Re: Ever hear of a "Chewy Tube"?

Post by Sarah Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Chewy tubes sound like some sort of weird dog toy! I wonder if that would make any difference?
Sarah
Sarah

http://nwc-orca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Equine_Woman Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Hmm. ..weird. I've never heard of them but I've never been in a position to hear about them. They do look a bit like a dog toy. How strange. I wonder how they help?
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm

I must confess...I thought you were posting about a dog toy! Here's hoping it works!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by groovysmurf Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Equine_Woman wrote:Hmm. ..weird. I've never heard of them but I've never been in a position to hear about them. They do look a bit like a dog toy. How strange. I wonder how they help?

Supposedly there is a pressure point near the back of your jaw, closer to your molars. It deals with the oral sensory or something like that. Can't remember all she said. But I guess these tubes are meant to stimulate that pressure point when you chew on them.
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Brandon drives me bonkers with small things in his mouth. He was NEVER a baby or toddler who put things in his mouth...never ever! Then he turned 6 and everything went in his mouth, well okay, not everything, but he puts small pieces of toys, pen-cap like material in his mouth, or the collar of the shirts he is wearing and his sleeves...aargh!!

Maybe I should try this for him...

Let us know how it works!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by groovysmurf Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Nancy wrote:Brandon drives me bonkers with small things in his mouth. He was NEVER a baby or toddler who put things in his mouth...never ever! Then he turned 6 and everything went in his mouth, well okay, not everything, but he puts small pieces of toys, pen-cap like material in his mouth, or the collar of the shirts he is wearing and his sleeves...aargh!!

Maybe I should try this for him...

Let us know how it works!

That's how Ethan is! Toys, string, straws, shirt, etc. He didn't put things in his mouth like a baby per say, he just chewed on stuff, never tried to "eat" stuff. Its annoying as all get out though!
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:00 pm

I also thought it was a doggy toy! lol I hope it works let us know!
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Hmmm.. that's interesting.
I wonder if he may have bite issue? I used to chew on stuff around that age, and it was because I had TMJ and my jaw alignment was off. If I bit things, it kind of helped alleviate the pressure... after my retainers, etc... I quit (except for nails/lip-- but that's another habit all together)
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erecca Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:36 pm

They had my niece use a chewy tube to stop from sucking on her finger! I t worked for her and we are thinking of getting one for Wyatt! I also had something like it when I was younger because I always needed to chew on things! Tothis day I still have the need to chew and bite! LOL John said that maybe I was a vampire in another life!
Erecca
Erecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum