MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The thing I hate about surprises is...

+5
Mommy26angels
sabra
Melanie
Equine_Woman
groovysmurf
9 posters

Go down

The thing I hate about surprises is... Empty The thing I hate about surprises is...

Post by groovysmurf Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:18 pm

that you have to lie to people and watch them get upset because they want it so bad and think they aren't getting it! Laughing

Ethan's school is having a bookfair this week and he wanted this Crime Scene thing that has a finger printing kit and crime tape etc. It was $7.99. Well while he was in school I went to the fair today and bought that plus 6 Magic Treehouse Books, he LOVES that series and doesn't own any of them. 3 of the books were a 3 pack for $9.99 and then 3 individual ones at $3.99 a piece! I spent over $31 there! Which really should have probably went to a bill or so but oh well! He wanted it and his bday is the 24th. I asked my mom if she would buy the 3 pack from me so its not too much for me and then he can still get the books he loves, and she agreed. That set will just be from her and my step dad now.

The plan is make the crime scene kit from dh & I and an individual book from each of the girls and if my bro is low on cash I figured put one from him and Aidan. We plan to buy him more, obviously, but payday isn't until the day before his bday, so I have to wait till then.

But I just got him in bed a bit ago and he came out a couple minutes later asking if there is anyway we can come up with the money (I told him after school I had no money to go Wink) because he really really really wanted the crime kit! I told him I would see if I could scrounge up the money by Friday (when its done) but not to get his hopes up. Said if I can't then maybe we could find it online for another time! He is so disappointed! And I hate lying to him, but I know he will be stoked when he opens it on his bday!
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

The thing I hate about surprises is... Empty Re: The thing I hate about surprises is...

Post by Equine_Woman Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Awww!!! Poor guy!! How long till his birthday?
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The thing I hate about surprises is... Empty Re: The thing I hate about surprises is...

Post by groovysmurf Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Ummm 9 days I think? Its NEXT Friday, the 24th. Aislyn was all for spilling the beans as we were leaving school. Said they were hers and I told her they were for Brothers birthday and she wanted to tell him. Even though I knew she would forget I told her what it meant to be surprised for presents and that we had to keep that secret from brother. lol And of course she forgot all about it and never said a word. But I did tell her she can help me wrap them, so I have a feeling it may come up again! Laughing
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:45 pm

It really IS hard to keep going with those kinds of lies though I've had to pull it many times and am so very guilty (and will do it again if I have to...lol)

I also hate to see the disappointment, but just wait until his birthday; he'll be so darn excited!

I usually just say, "I'm sorry, they were out, so we'll have to see if they get more." The thing I hate about surprises is... Icon_lol
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post by sabra Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:22 pm

He will be so surprised. I can't wait to see pics of his face when he opens it!
sabra
sabra

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommy26angels Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:29 am

He's gonna be AMAZED and over joyed that he has such AWESOME gifts!!!!!! My B-Day isthe day before his. Smile I hope ( ( pretty sure now) he has a Wonderful B-Day!!!!!!!
Mommy26angels
Mommy26angels

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:29 am

I know, it kind of makes you upset that you have to fib...and then they feel upset because they think they are not getting it.

Bran still has all of his Magic Treehouse books and they are such nice little books. He had all of them up until 3 years ago...there were some hard cover that I had to say no too.

I know he'll enjoy them, heck I enjoyed them!!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:05 am

What a lucky little boy he is that is mom is so sneaky.. lol.. I have had to do that also.. but there faces and happiness is so worth it in the end!! It is a GOOD LIE! lol WTG Mom!
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:13 am

I can not keep a secret. I would give in. WTG! He will be so happy on his birthday!
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by Billie75 Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:21 am

I so know what ya mean. I hate having to do it but to see the surprised look on their face makes up for it sooo much.
Billie75
Billie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum