MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just me thinking out loud!

4 posters

Go down

Just me thinking out loud! Empty Just me thinking out loud!

Post by loomistunes Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:31 am

Is there anyone else on here that lives in the country but grew up in town and misses living in town.. where you could walk to the stores, and church, Post Office, Bank, just about anywhere.. and where you have neighbors so your kids have other kids to play with, where you have other people around so you have friends with in a walking distance? I know this sounds strange and is comming out of no where, but I am trying to talk to hubby and figure out where the root of my problem with my weight lies...looking at the facts,, I have gained sooo much weight in the 12 years that we ahve been married and I have been living in the country.. I am staying home most all of the time and miss contact with other adults..(thank God for you girls!) My hubby is a loner and is completley happy to be alone.. where I am a PEOPLE PERSON.. I love People and I love Being around them. I just feel so isolated in the country.. Yes it is beautiful and I love that my kids can go outside and play without much worry..but it is just not the same..there are no sidewalks for the kids to ride bikes on.. there is no park close by we could walk to...now Hubby would say we have our own park with the playground the kids have and all of the toys..but it is just not the same.. I don't want to come off ungrateful because I am very grateful for what I have and I feel very blessed..I told hubby I need another job or something that would get me around people more..He just can not understand or comprehend what I am feeling. Instead of being supportive he makes a list of all the reasons living in town is not as wonderful as I remember it.. and while he has valad points.. why can't he just try and understand that why this may not be his way of thinking this is how I think and how I feel.. He has always lived in the country. So to him he is HAPPY HERE AND HAS SAID THAT HE WOULD NEVER SURVIVE IN THE TOWN ( I won't say city) I used to live in a small town. I wouldn't want to live in a big city.. lol So why does he think it is any different the other way around..I am just trying to come up with some ideas how I could get out there more and see people and actually talk to them..lol.. I stay home with the kids all day long I guess I long for the company of people.. real live people..adults.... And he is one who gets enough of people at work and is so happy to come home to the serinity on the country life.. Quiet peaceful, little patch of heaven.. in his book..I feel like I am on a deserted island.. lol anyways sorry to go on and on.. I am just feeling overwelmed and need to do something for me for a change.. I need to take care of myself..istead I am becomming the Blueberry girl on Willy Wonka ( Charlie and the Chocolate factory) Any advice would be appreciated..Jen
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Just me thinking out loud! Empty Re: Just me thinking out loud!

Post by redfoxster Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:03 am

I don't know. I have always lived in a town, very close to the city. Granted I live in WV, so it isn't huge-- but I'm still close to something.

I like to live a bit isolated, but not completely. I would go crazy if I couldn't drive 10 minutes into the city. Is there a MOPS group or something close by? Or any library activities?
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by Equine_Woman Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:17 am

Well I grew up in the city and now live in the country but I don't feel the way you do. I get to town almost every weekend and socialize. I may not be as isolated as you guys are. It's 15 minutes to town here (or 40 minutes to the big town). I wish I had some advice!! Big Hugs!!!
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:50 am

We are not completely isolated I am only 5 minutes from town.. I just miss living in town where all the people are. we are not completly out in the sticks by any means..so I guess I just answered my own question.. I should be glad that I am not that isolated.. It is 2 minutes from the exspressway.. and 5 from town driving that is.. lol when I think about it where I live is as Happy medium as you could get. Between the two life styles.. So enough complaining from me.. I shall just count my blessings..that I even have a home to live in there are so many who don't.. Wink Thanks Girls!
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by Equine_Woman Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:29 am

Well I certainly think that if it is important to you he needs to try and understand that. My husband has lately been saying he thinks we stay home too much and he wants to hang out with his friends so I've been trying to get him to go see them on Saturdays. . .maybe you could volunteer on the weekend somewhere or something? Big hugs!! We like talking to you too!
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 am

Thanks Amy.. I appreciate it! And that is what marriage is about comprimise! So hopefully we can talk later and fiqure out what would work for both of us..Thanks again.. Jen
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by Billie75 Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:37 am

Hun I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. I am from a small village and am stuck in a town so I kinda know how you feel. Do you have access to a vehicle? cuz I was thinking you could take the kids into town a few times a week to socialize and/or play at a park where they could meet other kids. Just a thought. Hugs
Billie75
Billie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down