MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedtime Issue's

5 posters

Go down

Bedtime Issue's Empty Bedtime Issue's

Post by kshryock81 Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:42 pm

Okay ladies......i need some tips, advice, whatever you can give me. so for the last 5 days or so. samuel has decided he thinks he needs to stay up until midnight. he still takes a nap for about 2 hours in the afternoon. and if he doesnt get a nap he falls alseep around 5 or 6 in the evening and boy do i have to fight to keep him awake. i put him to bed at 9pm and i have tried a movie and no movie and he pounds stuff on the wall and talks and gets out of bed but he wont go to sleep and i am getting so tired of fighting him for 3 hours everynight so any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks ladies Idea

kshryock81

Back to top Go down

Bedtime Issue's Empty Re: Bedtime Issue's

Post by groovysmurf Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:58 am

I don't know what to tell you but we resorted to taking everything but the bed and stuffed things out of the girls room to make them stop the same stuff! We only allow SOFT non noisy toys in their room at bed. Sometimes they still fight going to sleep and we want to pull our hair out, but its calmed down A LOT!
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:50 am

I found that giving in to Clare makes it worse the next time. She has been waking up lately, never used to, and wants to sleep on the couch or with us. I think that by creating a better sleep association with her, that while it'll be challenging in the beginning, it'll be worth it in the long run. I am hoping to get to use her bed for naps and for bed time. We had been letting her fall asleep on the couch, after she had her chemo...bad move.

So, my idea would be to somehow create a better sleep association with Samuel. You'll have to see what works best for you. Good luck!!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthmallory Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:40 am

all i know is that you cant give in to him. im pretty sure we all have learned our lesson one time or another. good luck.
ruthmallory
ruthmallory

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:20 pm

I can try and help.. so here goes.. we had a lot of the same issues for awhile. So we buckled down and made a bedtime routine and the kids go right to bed with no problems..Our Routine is..lol.. Pjs on at 620.. Then at 630 We turn on Max and Ruby and the kids have a little bowl of dry cereal, while they watch it..That is a Half hour show... On the weekends they watch a half hour of Sponge Bob Square pants instead..then at 700.. they go and Brush there Teeth and go potty and go to bed.. They are in Bed by 710.. (They get up at 630 am.. That is the Routine for Brandon and Samantha.. and Hunter watches his Goose Bumps 700-800 and he is in bed after Brushing his teeth and peeing and a Drink of water.. he is in bed at 810 at the latest! this has worked wonders.. because the kids know what to expect every night.. and also I forgot to mention before Pj time we pick up all of our toys and they do not play with toys during the tv/snack time otherwise they go to bed.. Hope this helps you! It has worked AWESOME for us.. Good luck!
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum