MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go me! I won the position of....

+4
Nancy
kshryock81
Billie75
groovysmurf
8 posters

Go down

Go me! I won the position of.... Empty Go me! I won the position of....

Post by groovysmurf Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:22 pm

head rep for Policy Council for Aislyn's PM Head Start class. Who ever wanted to do it nominated themselves with a description about why they wanted the position and then everyone voted on a head rep and alternate for each AM (there are 2) and each PM (also 2 classes). I voted on all of them earlier today and the Center manager called me to tell me I won the spot for Aislyn's class as head rep.

What does that mean? It means we meet once a month and decide what needs changed, if anything, dealing with head start. Gives a chance to voice our opinions, share ideas to help the center grow etc. We are basically the advocates for the kids and parents to help their opinions be heard. Spouses can go to meetings too if they want but whomever comes (including alternate) cannot vote. Only head reps can, with the exception that the alt is standing in for rep.

I am strangely calm about this! Normally dealing with new, and especially public situations make me really really nervous and causes anxiety. I guess its because I really wanted he position and feel its the right fit for me to help them as well as do my normal job.

I also changed Aislyn's speech therapy to bi-weekly so that I can use the alternating Wednesdays to spend it volunteering in the classroom. I haven't been able to help with Ethan's schooling... mostly cuz it works me up and I panic thinking about having to help kids his age... Razz You would think I would be more nervous about dealing with 3 & 4 year olds than 8 yr olds! haha

Anyway I was stoked about this and had to share with my friends!
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Go me! I won the position of.... Empty Re: Go me! I won the position of....

Post by Billie75 Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:10 pm

Thats awesome congrats hun!
Billie75
Billie75

Back to top Go down

Post by kshryock81 Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:12 pm

way to go nita! that is so awesome that you will have a part in everything aishlyn does at headstart. i am gonna start volunteering at sams class on wednesday and hopefully he will warm up to the speech therapist he is suppose to be seeing and start doing one on one with her.

kshryock81

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:20 am

Nice! Great that you will have more of a voice and a chance to make this work more smooth should the need arise!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:42 am

congrats!
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:34 am

That's really cool! I'm already liking being a part of Harriet's school, although I haven't had much to do outside of just being in the classroom with my weekly assigned duty. I've got lots of other things coming up though, which should feel pretty fulfilling. Good luck with your position! Sounds great!
Sarah
Sarah

http://nwc-orca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:22 pm

WTG!! Awesome.. I am happy for you that you are soo happy.. They couldn't have picked a better person!! Yeah!!!! CONGRATS!!!
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by Equine_Woman Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Congratulations!!! That's great!!!
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum