MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troubled Mind

4 posters

Go down

Troubled Mind Empty Troubled Mind

Post by Equine_Woman Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Well it's late and I'm waiting on my hubby to get home from work and my mind is just reeling. It's been a long evening.

My best friend's mother had her gallbladder out yesterday and went home and was doing fine, then she started going downhill. She spiked a 104 degree temperature, could hardly move, hurt so bad she couldn't talk. They took her back to the hospital, found out she had pneumonia, started her on antibiotics then further tests came back saying she had a pulmonary embolism. So I'm praying she has a good night and is doing much better tomorrow. It's very scary because those kill people on a regular basis. I'm very worried for her. She's been like a Mother to me for years!!

Then I was reading the news tonight and BAM! Found out my husband's company (and my Mom's) had a horrid day. They work at Bell Helicopter, who's parent company announced a 19% loss for the quarter and who's stock has fallen from 70 something a few months ago to around 19 - 20 today. Then About 11:00 the news scrolls across Pentagon cancels 6.2 Billion dollar contract with Bell Helicopter. Sigh. So now I don't know what will happen. Greg doesn't work for that part but those people who do make that helicopter may have more seniority than him so if lay offs start he'll be gone. Stressed. Should also mention that we own quite a bit of Textron stock. . and I was really hoping it would go up up up quickly but with these two announcements it doesn't appear likely.

Anyway, just thought maybe if I got it all out there and written I would feel better. So far I don't but there isn't anything I can do about it I don't guess. What will be, will be. But I'm very sad for Bell Helicopter.
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Troubled Mind Empty Re: Troubled Mind

Post by Nancy Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:10 am

My advise to you is to plan for it and then not think of it again. That way, you'll have a back up (which you likely already thought of doing) and you can put the worry to rest until you know for sure what is going on.

I can see how this would be a very stressful time!! I also hope that everything goes well with your friend's mom...scary!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:45 am

I will keep you in my thoughts. Those are 2 really big blows and I hope things work out.
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:31 am

Oh my goodness, this must be the week for gallbladder issues! I sure hope your friend's mom recovers! How scary! I had no idea you were dealing with the exact same thing that we are (well, except my mom doesn't have anything going on post-op.) Hugs to you guys!!!
Sarah
Sarah

http://nwc-orca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Equine_Woman Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks guys! My b.f.'s Mom is having atrial fibrilations today and they are going to have to try and stop them, but they want to wait and be sure that's not where the pulmionary embolism came from first. . so it's wait and see.

And as for the Bell news my Mom says there are no bonders on the ARH program yet and the company is ramping up for the V22 production so most of the layoffs should be able to be reabsorbed in company at other locations. Whew. Dodged a bullet there that's for sure. Now if Bell could just get back on track all will be good there I hope.
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum