MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going out tonight UPDATED! in reply

+3
Nancy
Sarah
loomistunes
7 posters

Go down

Going out tonight  UPDATED! in reply Empty Going out tonight UPDATED! in reply

Post by loomistunes Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Hubby and I are going out tonight and are taking Hunter with us.. so he can have a break from the kids too.. HIS WORDS.. He asked if he could go and then said with a sigh, I could really use a break from the kids...CRACKED me UP!! He is tooo Cute! He will be 8 on the 12th of January.. 8 going on 18! He has done alot of growing up in the last year and a half! Hubby and I were just complimenting on how responsible he is getting! We are very proud of him! YEAH!!!

Last edited by loomistunes on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Going out tonight  UPDATED! in reply Empty Re: Going out tonight UPDATED! in reply

Post by Sarah Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Hehe! That's totally cute! I hope you guys have a nice time!
Sarah
Sarah

http://nwc-orca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Going out tonight  UPDATED! in reply Empty Re: Going out tonight UPDATED! in reply

Post by Nancy Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:59 pm

That's funny! Of course he needs a break. Likely looking forward to spending time with just mom and dad! Have a great time!!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Equine_Woman Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:29 pm

That sounds like a nice plan!!! It's always good to spend sometime away from the kids!!! Glad Hunter is going to get a break too!!! Have a good time!
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:41 pm

That sounds great!
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Update: We all had a fun time.. we ate at Applebees.. and Hunter got a balloon and was tickled pink..we bought him some Bakugan toy at Walmart and a new Star Wars Belt.. (We were bad and spoiled him a little) and took him out to Dairy Queen for dessert.. He had a ton of fun.. It is amazing how big he is getting.. He ordered his drink and when the waitress asked if Sprite would be ok.. He said Yes please, Thank you for asking! I was on the other side of the table with my jaw wide open..wow.. I looked at Mark and he was shaking his head thinking the same thing.. We both looked at Hunter and said at the same time.. Please tell us when it was that you grew up when we were not looking.. I am always drilling Manners into the kids.. lol but I never knew it was working! REALLY WORKING..He was such a little gentleman when we went out tonight..and Brandon and Samantha were great for the babysitter.. she commented on how well behaved they are when she watches them.. so I guess we must be doing something right! There are times when we wonder if we are two strick..we DO NOT allow them to run all over a restaurant they have to stay in there seats and use thier inside voice and say please and Thank you.. We see so many children running wild these days.. they seem to run the parents.. running all over the restaurants, screaming, yelling..and we always point out in a quiet voice of course.. if you even think of acting like that you will be taken to the bathroom and spanked..(never have to do it just the warning works) lol They can be wild at times and home.. but they are kids.. but in public they are very well behaved...they know there will be consequenses if they are not. Sorry i got onto a behavior rant.. lol.. Parenting can be a hard job.. but what I have learned is if you stick to a schedule and the kids understand the rules and consequences.. it makes it much easier for everyone..and everyone is HAPPY!! lol Anyone else like this or am I just Anal? I am just blown away by some of the behaviors of children these days...and how much parents let them get away with.. Just amazes me.. I hope I am not to strick.. just trying to raise well mannered children..Who respect others and the world around them..Thanks girls for the have fun messages,, we had a lot of fun!
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by groovysmurf Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:02 am

Glad you guys had fun! Its always nice to get out!
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:00 am

Glad it went well. I have a fear that I may be one of those parents whos child runs all over them. Hopefully what I'm doing now will click soon and things will be fine again Smile Sorry to steal your post, but I think it is wonderful that you have a well mannered boy!
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:45 am

I see so many kids Brandon's age out hanging around at 10 or later at night. On school nights too. They are running around, smoking and causing problems. I wonder where their parents are! Thankfully, I know where my child is and that he is a good kid. I don't think you are being too strict in letting them know what type of behavior is acceptable.

Glad you had such a great time! It is fun to go out sometimes with one child. They amaze you by what they know and how much they have grown!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:23 pm

Nancy wrote:I see so many kids Brandon's age out hanging around at 10 or later at night. On school nights too. They are running around, smoking and causing problems. I wonder where their parents are! Thankfully, I know where my child is and that he is a good kid. I don't think you are being too strict in letting them know what type of behavior is acceptable.

Glad you had such a great time! It is fun to go out sometimes with one child. They amaze you by what they know and how much they have grown!

Exatley Nancy that is waht I am talking about.. Thanks.. lol!
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by Billie75 Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Glad that yas had a good time. Isnt it great when they show that they have been paying attention!
Billie75
Billie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:07 pm

I think you're teaching your kids perfectly! I find it unacceptable when parents let their kids run wild in public. It means that the parents either have no control, or don't care, both are equally bad. Good job, you guys! Sounds like you're doing it RIGHT!! Harriet's really good with her manners too. We try to enforce them all the time, at home, out, wherever, and it works! And she's only THREE!! Start 'em young! Smile
Sarah
Sarah

http://nwc-orca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum