MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clare's Going to be Famous

5 posters

Go down

Clare's Going to be Famous Empty Clare's Going to be Famous

Post by Nancy Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:55 am

Well, sort of... Wink

The Retinoblastoma Society of Canada has asked for her pictures to use in a Country-Wide Campaign. In the beginning, they wanted a couple of head shots of her to show her Retinoblastoma but now they have asked for a series of shots. Some will show the RB and some won't.

Here is the first email from the first pic I sent, just so they knew who she was.
Thanks Nancy! Clare certainly is a princess - she's absolutely beautiful!

No immediate rush on the pictures, though sometime in the next few weeks would be great. I'm making a bunch of changes to the website and want to include a whole section on photo leukocoria. We are also working with the Canadian Imaging Trade Association (basically the representative body of all the camera and photo finishing/developing companies in Canada) to launch an awareness campaign based on the white reflex. We are using head shots of RB kids, but no identifiers (names, etc.).

Thanks for helping out!

Peggy

And the one I just recieved after sending a couple of her showing her Retinoblastoma.

Great pictures, thanks!

I have a favour to ask, since you're so good with a camera, and Clare is so adorable. . .

Could you take a series of face shots of Clare, with her looking in a variety of directions? Hopefully, some picture will show the tumor and others won't. I'm attaching a some similar pictures of a child without RB so you can see what I mean. Maybe someone can help you, so Clare is facing the camera but looking elsewhere.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm wishes,

Peggy

She'll kind of be a poster child, but I really just want everyone to know about this and check their children!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Clare's Going to be Famous Empty Re: Clare's Going to be Famous

Post by groovysmurf Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:06 am

That's cool!! I am glad they are helping spread awareness!
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:10 pm

How awesome that there are so many people working to spread awareness! I know it's so difficult that it's your little girl who has to go through all this, but just imagine all of the lives she'll impact with her cute little self! Clare's Going to be Famous Icon_biggrin
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:41 pm

I just don't want another parent to look at the weird glow and go, "that's weird" and think no further. I keep thinking that it could have been dealt with by now, then again...even a year ago, she would likely have had no chance at chemo as medicine with the eye has progressed that much.

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:52 am

Wow! That is cool that she will be involved in raising awareness!
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Wow we all knew that Clare was beautiful.. and now the rest of the world will too! Can I ask you the symptoms of this.. I have noticed Samantha's Left eye looks a little bit of a lazy eye.. Did the Doctors ever notice it when they checked her eyes.. or where you the one to notice it first.. Thanks Nancy
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum