MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jury Duty poll

+3
Nancy
kshryock81
groovysmurf
7 posters

Go down

Jury Duty poll Empty Jury Duty poll

Post by groovysmurf Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Have you ever been sent a summons for Jury Duty? Did you go and went through with it, go and not get picked or got out of it entirely? How many times have you been served?

I was served when I was pg with Brenna and was having to go get NST every two days because of my pre-eclampsia. I was able to call and get out of it over the phone because of that.

I ask because my friend Cheye is cracking me up here! She NEEDS to play the lottery or something! Jury Duty poll Icon_lol

Last Saturday she got a summons for a trial running Nov 4-14. Today, the following Saturday, she gets ANOTHER summons for a trial of Nov 17-28!! Picked TWICE in the same month! What are the odds!!?!? lol

She HAS to get out of both of them though. She is a single mom of 3 kids, two of whom are in school and the other is just a toddler and she has NO ONE who can care for her kids for 2 weeks, let alone basically the entire month of November!

Anywho had to share her experience and got me wondering statistically where we all stood with it on our board... just cuz I am bored! Jury Duty poll Icon_razz
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Jury Duty poll Empty Re: Jury Duty poll

Post by kshryock81 Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:19 pm

i got a summon for jury duty right after i had samuel but samuel had just gotten out of the hospital from being in the nicu for 3 weeks so i got out of it since i was breastfeeding and taking care of a sick child.

kshryock81

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:45 am

I had a summons and was in the hospital..here it is supposed to be rare if you get them twice...I did. Yay me! lol

The second time I wasn't even called up to be interviewed as they already selected their jury. So, I was 'lucky' both times.

My dad had been on one jury and tried to get off. It was a really tought case of child abuse...it still bothers him!

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:49 am

I received a summons while a full time college student, and got out of it. Then I received another when Keenan was first born and didn't do it then either.
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:21 am

I've received several summons, but got out of all of them. Once while in college, so got out of it because of classes, etc. One I got summoned to do grand jury duty, which I actually had to attend one session of, then got out of it because at the time I was the sole income provider and grand jury requires you commit to several YEARS of service. Then I got one summons for my maiden name, at my parents' address (before we moved back here) so obviously someone's records were wrong, so I got out of that one too.
Sarah
Sarah

http://nwc-orca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RBiggs04 Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:37 pm

I've never been picked for jury duty. I've always wanted to though.
RBiggs04
RBiggs04

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:37 pm

With my luck I will be picked in the winter since I am a coward when it comes to winter driving.. I will surley end up in Jail if that happens..Especially if it is the one my hubbys uncle had to do that was 2 hours away in Buffalo.. a huge city..and a scary murders commited every time one at that. I just pray that I am not picked in the Winter.. Don't know what I would do with Sam either since I have to be home with her. lol
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum