MZ Backup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28 Week OB appointment...

+5
loomistunes
mommy2kat
redfoxster
Equine_Woman
Melanie
9 posters

Go down

28 Week OB appointment... Empty 28 Week OB appointment...

Post by Melanie Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:21 pm

I had my appointment yesterday, and everything seems to be going pretty well. Unfortunately my doctor was on an emergency, and I had to see her Nazi nurse practitioner. Bleh!
I complained about the braxton hicks, and how they've been quite painful lately, and so she decided to check me. She said that I feel kind of soft, and that I should stay off my feet as much as possible. Please tell that to Mikhayla and Elijah...lol
I have so much going on, with Kayla's school, and Elijah's activities, that it's impossible!

I then got a lecture because somehow, I managed to pack on 5 lbs, this last month. 28 Week OB appointment... Icon_porc 28 Week OB appointment... Icon_redface
I really didn't need the lecture because I felt bad enough when I saw the scale. My face must've shown something because she then adds, "Oh, I see you only gained 5 lbs, the first 5 months, and only 2 after that, so considering you're 28 weeks, 12 lbs really is great."
Could she have looked at all that before making me feel crappy. I started out at a normal weight, and I'm doing so much better with this pregnancy then with my other two. ( I gained nearly 50! 28 Week OB appointment... Icon_elephant with Kayla and 25 with Elijah.)

Gabriella is now measuring right now target; my uterus was 28 cm and 28 weeks. Last time I measured somewhat behind.

I also took my glucose test, and got a call back this morning all ready that I passed with flying colors! Yay! It's nice having a lab right there...lol
My drink by the way was Fruit Punch, when did that happen? I had the yucky orange with Mikhayla, and the much better lemon-lime with Elijah, and the fruit punch, was well, just tolerable...still quite sweet.

The also checked my blood levels again, and even after two iron infusions, I'm still quite low. *sigh* My babies are greedy with the iron. Laughing
I, on the other hand, am just tired, of being tired! That's probably why I gained so much weight Suspect . Ick!

I get another infusion at the end of the month, and then they'll determine if I have to up them.

So there's my appointment...we are both in pretty good health! 28 Week OB appointment... Icon_biggrin 28 Week OB appointment... Icon_biggrin 28 Week OB appointment... Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Melanie on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

28 Week OB appointment... Empty Re: 28 Week OB appointment...

Post by Equine_Woman Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:01 pm

Awwww!! Hang in there!!!! 5 lbs isn't bad!! My way of thinking is you gain what you gain! Lol. Course I'm not skiny! Big hugs!! Thanks for the update!
Equine_Woman
Equine_Woman
Admin

https://mommazonebackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by redfoxster Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:25 pm

5 lb is no big deal. I gained SOOOO much weight with Keenan and it still came off. I'm glad all else is going well and I can't believe your 28 weeks already.
redfoxster
redfoxster

Back to top Go down

Post by mommy2kat Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:56 pm

Your weight is fine! She shouldn;t have said a word-how insensitive!

She's going to be here before we know it. I swear it was just last week when you told us you were pregnant.

mommy2kat

Back to top Go down

Post by loomistunes Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:27 am

I am soo glad that everything is going great for you and Gabriella! And as far as your weight is concerned... why do they have to be so rude.. you look great!!!!! I am glad however that she did catch her mistake.. now maybe this will help her learn to keep her mouth shut until she sees all the information in front of her..she must have felt bad.. after she had all the facts.. lol Wow this pregnancy seems to be really flying by..Can't wait to meet her!
loomistunes
loomistunes

Back to top Go down

Post by groovysmurf Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:06 am

Sounds like all in all things are good! I hope you feel some relief with the iron issue soon!
groovysmurf
groovysmurf

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/users/groovysmurf

Back to top Go down

Post by Erecca Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:09 am

I got the lecture for not gaining enough and then I put on almost 5 lbs in 3 weeks!! my doctor was just happy I was gaining and not losing still! I was disgusted I had gained that weight!!

I am sorry you are having issue with your iron!I hope it gets better soon! I have my next test on the 4th and will find out when I start my transfusions also!

I can't believe how close you are!! only 3 more months!!
Erecca
Erecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Well I'm glad that overall things are looking fine. Sucks about the weight gain and the iron issue though. I mean, the weight gain, what are you going to do? Not eat? I'm not worrying about mine, my midwives don't even weigh me, they just casually ask if I've weighed myself recently. Although I did weigh myself this week and am about 10 pounds more than I last remember (and I think I weighed myself last month....hmmm...lol) Anyway, I hope the iron thing doesn't cause any major issues!
Sarah
Sarah

http://nwc-orca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:18 pm

5 lbs?! I gained that last week and I am not pregnant...lol Just kidding...

I think you look fantastic!
Glad eveything seems to be going well...even if you do need more iron.

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down